Multichannel payslips for Southeastern employees with Epay
Southeastern has been running the train service between London and Kent - as well as parts of East Sussex - since 2006. Every week day 640,000 passengers travel on their 1,922 services, making it one of the busiest train networks in the UK.
Before implementing Epay in November 2016, Southeastern outsourced the printing and distribution of their payslips. Once printed, couriers would deliver the payslips to the site managers to hand out to employees.
With 4,730 employees - all on a four-weekly payroll - it's easy to see how the payslip distribution process could take time.
Southeastern have a diverse workforce and feedback from an employee survey showed a number of requests for an alternative online option to view pay information.
Southeastern needed a flexible solution, a multi-channel application that could provide online for some employees and manage the print and distribution process more effectively for those who still required paper payslips.
“The improvement of having epayslips speaks for itself. Employees can self-serve, check their payslips much earlier, download and retain them as PDF files within a secure environment either in the comfort of their own home or on-the-go.
HR Data Manager, Southeastern.
- 1,892 employees switching to epayslips on launch.
- Cut print volume by 40% and as a result, reduced print and distribution costs.
- Launched Epay without changing existing Oracle system: saving time and money.
- Implemented a multi-channel solution to give employees choice of online or paper to suit different employee preferences.
- Improved paper payslip production and despatched by outsourcing to Datagraphic's secure production facility.